PPE and patient equipment tracking
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is equipment worn by a worker to minimize exposure to specific hazards. Examples of PPE include safety shoes, gloves, aprons, fall protection, and full-body Tyvek suits, as well as head, hand, and foot protection.
Using PPE is only one element in a complete hazard control program that would use a variety of strategies to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. PPE does not reduce the hazard itself nor does it guarantee permanent or total protection.
It is important to track expensive PPE as a vital part of workplace safety. By tracking long-term PPE (reusable) more efficiently and effectively, it’s possible to maintain safety and compliance goals while reducing resources spent managing your PPE program.
The World Health Organization has warned that severe and mounting disruption to the global supply of PPE – caused by rising demand, panic buying, hoarding and misuse – is putting lives at risk. Companies are worried about liability for not having the right amount of PPE for worker protection.
PPE such as full-face respirators, self-contained breathing apparatuses, gas masks, N95 respirators etc are a sought-after commodity and therefore need to be tracked to reduce both misplacement and theft. PPE Management software guarantees centralised and effective control over assignment and PPE delivery. Specifically, when and who is delivering them and to which employee.
Who tracks patient equipment and how often?
Who is tracking patient care equipment and how often, is just one important question prompted by the data uncovered by researchers at several healthcare institutions in Texas. The cleaning of equipment and surfaces needs to be electronically recorded, and accessible by healthcare workers, to ensure their safety and the safety of patients. No one wants to introduce unsuitable/unsanitised medical equipment to patients.
Hardcat solutions monitor reusable PPE and their cleaning cycles, alerting you once disposal is necessary, reducing waste and costs. More than ever healthcare workers need to know where clean and available PPE and patient care equipment such as ventilators are located, for a rapid response.
Hardcat software will easily manage equipment and inventory levels, budget projections and repairs, while helping you to achieve compliance.
PPE management stock module
Hardcat stock module tells you where PPE is located and the quantity, keeping track of how, when and what quantity of stock is used, and for what purposes.
- Automatically reminds you of required maintenance
- Age, assignments, inspections, cleanings, repairs, and TCO
- Cloud system works from any internet-connected computer, smartphone, tablet or other devices
- Project future economic liabilities based on PPE age and repair costs
- Audit trail of stock usage
- Automatic reorder of stock-based upon usage
- Simple and effective budget management
- Caters for multiple foreign currencies
- User-defined purchasing limits
- Send automatic notifications to employees on PPE expiry
- Attach certificates and documents when issuing PPE
- Control PPE costs with detailed reports
- Identify inventory gaps
- Stay in compliance
- Maintain optimum stock levels (not too high not too low)
- A complete history of pricing changes
- Stock, inventory and consumables tracking, re-ordering and movement
Choose your level of certainty
Integration between equipment tracking, stock/inventory, maintenance and help desk modules allows an organisation to know what stock is critical to avoid loss of productivity and to keep your workers safe.
Integrated stock/inventory control with equipment management Hardcat is your easy to use solution for compliance and accountability.