RFID Equipment Tagging – For Rapid Audits
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is a means for tracking items by way of RFID tags which store information electronically. There are two types of RFID tags, passive and active. RFID tags do not require line of sight and can create huge reductions in time for tracking as well as auditing processes. High-value items that may get lost or misplaced are ideal candidates for asset tracking with RFID tags.
Several Reasons Why RFID Equipment Tagging Is Now Viable
- Tags are not as sensitive with respect to materials they are placed on
- Tags are cheaper to purchase
- Readers are more powerful with a longer read range
- Readers are cheaper to purchase
There are two types of RFID tags, passive (no battery) and active (battery-powered). The major benefit of using RFID tags is that they do not require line of sight to be registered. Hardcat caters for the reading of these tags via fixed readers (doorways/chokepoints) as well as via handheld units.
Buying RFID Tags And Readers
To remove the complexity of implementing an RFID solution, our RFID implementation engineers and subject matter experts are happy to consult with you to understand your complete requirements and then suggest a range of tagging devices and readers designed to meet your specific objectives and your budget.
Auditing Using Your Mobile Device
The Hardcat MiCatX application allows you to keep track of your assets via quick spot audits, stock transactions, and maintenance and help desk activities, while you’re on the move.
The MiCatX app is designed for use with Hardcat software (version 6) and is free to download via iOS and Android device stores.
MiCatX will complete an audit in a fraction of the time that would be required using manual, visual ID and/or barcode scanning.
- Where is the asset, who has it, what condition is it in
- Perform ad-hoc asset audits and “self-audit”
- Perform an issue or return of an asset
- Create new assets
- Create maintenance and help desk activities against an asset
- Assign the maintenance task to an engineer
- Capture photographs illustrating the level of damage
- Deliver the right data at the right time
- Personalise to your business process
- Integrate to disseminate data to the entire enterprise
Reduce Equipment Audit Time By 90% Using RFID Tagging
In a pilot site for a [name withheld] defence sector client, an audit of all their parachutes, which usually takes place annually, normally took three months to complete. With their Hardcat RFID solution, the same audit was performed in two hours reducing inventory count time by over 90%! [name withheld for security reasons].
Hardcat solutions are highly scalable
and easily configurable – Let’s Talk
Call +61 3 9695 5400