1 CONTENTS PAGE 2
2 VERSION HISTORY 3
3 TERMS AND CONDITIONS 3
4.1 Important information 4
4.2 What personal information we collect and hold 4
4.3 How we collect and hold personal information 5
4.3.1 Information that you specifically give us 5
4.3.2 Data we collect that tracks your activity 5
4.4 Disclosure of personal information 6
4.4.1 Disclosure of information to third parties 6
4.4.2 Information that you disclose publicly 6
4.5 Accessing your personal information 7
4.6 Use of your personal information to contact you 7
4.7 Protection of your personal information 7
4.8 Notifications of changes to this policy 8
2 Version History
16th April 2014
28th April 2014
3 Terms and Conditions
Copyright © Hardcat (Aust) Pty. Ltd. ACN: 052 494 818
Hardcat Pty Ltd ACN 052 494 818. All rights reserved.
Hardcat, Hardcat nGen and Track Your World are registered trademarks and the Hardcat Logo is a trademark of Hardcat Pty Ltd. All other names and marks may be (registered) trademarks of their owners, and are used for reference or identification only.
This document is subject to change without notice.
Hardcat assumes no responsibility or liability for damages arising from the inability to use this publication or for any omissions from and errors in this publication
This document is regarded as public.
Hardcat is strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products and services.
Our goal is to provide services and products that are leading edge. Sometimes this means that we use information that you provide to us about yourself to improve our products and services. We do this to improve your experience in using our products and services. In providing our services and products to you, Hardcat will be transparent about how and why we collect and use your information. In some cases, if you do not want us to collect or use your information in a particular way, then we will give you the opportunity to say so.
The purpose of this policy is to explain:
- Important information
- The personal information we collect and hold
- What personal information we collect and hold
- How we collect and hold personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Accessing your personal information
- Use of your personal information to contact you
- Protection of your personal information
- Notifications of changes to this policy
4.1 Important information
Hardcat complies with the:
- Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its non- commercial activities;
- Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its commercial activities
- Australian Direct Marketing Association Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers; and
- Spam Act 2003 (Cth) in relation to electronic marketing
4.2 What personal information we collect and hold
Broadly, we may collect and hold:
- personal details like name and occupation
- contact details like postal, work and email addresses and phone numbers
- financial details like bank account, credit card numbers and your billing and payment history with us
- service-related details like your user name, support incidents, enquiries and complaints.
Hardcat may collect personal information from someone other than you. This may be from:
- our dealers, contractors and other representatives
- information brokers
- agents providing us with purchased marketing lists.
Hardcat collects and holds personal information about you because:
- we use it to improve and upgrade our products and services
- we may need it to operate our business
- we may need it to provide it to other parties in connection with our business.
Without your personal information, we may not be able to communicate effectively with you or supply some services.
4.3 How we collect and hold personal information
4.3.1 Information that you specifically give us
- Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service, purchase software or participate in an activity. For example, your country may be required if we need to identify which global service stream to route your request to.
- Permissions. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of using our products.
- We hold your personal information electronically at our offices in our secured system database.
4.3.2 Data we collect that tracks your activity
- Hardcat continually gathers information to monitor use of our online services. This information helps us improve our services and to troubleshoot issues that require attention.
- This data is usually collected using ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s web browser while you are viewing a website.
- We only use performance cookies that collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages they go to more often. All information collected by means of cookies is anonymized, aggregated and only used to develop and track traffic patterns and the volume of use of our websites and to improve how our website works. This information is for Hardcat exclusive use and is not shared with any third-party or connected to any other information. We do not collect behavioural, advertising and/or targeting cookies.
4.4 Disclosure of personal information
4.4.1 Disclosure of information to third parties
Hardcat may disclose your personal information to third parties as reasonably required:
- to contractors and suppliers who supply or support us in:
- identity and fraud checking
- installation, maintenance and repairs
- legal and regulatory advice and compliance
- otherwise providing goods and services that we use to operate our business and provide products and support to you
- to your authorised representatives
- if you ask us to do so.
Disclosure to third parties may be necessary for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you wish to use
- for research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of the Hardcat’s services and products
- to customise and promote Hardcat services which may be of interest to yourself
- to provide technical support to you to use the Hardcat’s services
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
Hardcat may disclose personal information to overseas recipients but only for the purposes of providing the services you wish to use or support requested. The countries in which the recipients of your personal information may be located will be primarily based on your own geographic location. That is, from Australia, and countries in United States or in the United Kingdom.
Under no circumstance will Hardcat sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
4.4.2 Information that you disclose publicly
When using online services, we suggest that you use your discretion and exercise caution when providing your personal information. For instance, if you “share” information that you have posted on a Hardcat website using a social media tool, it is likely that you will be sharing your personal information. Hardcat has a limited capacity to protect personal information that you choose to share in this way.
Note that whenever you post personal information in publicly accessible places, such as chat rooms or message boards, this information becomes available to anyone with access to the internet. This information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information (such as your contact details) online, you may receive unwanted messages from other parties in return. Therefore, we recommend that you refrain from posting any information that you do not want seen in these public areas.
4.5 Accessing your personal information
You may request to access to personal information that is held by Hardcat about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by Hardcat in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
Hardcat will take reasonable steps to make appropriate correction to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Hardcat welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
You can contact Hardcat about any privacy issues (including breaches of the Australian Privacy Principles and/or request to access personal information) as follows:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Hardcat Privacy Contact Officer
Hardcat Pty Ltd
253 Park Street
South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
- By telephone: +61 3 9695 5400
Hardcat will deal with your request to provide a response in a reasonable time – usually within 30 days of receipt of your request. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested.
Hardcat will not charge you for lodging such a request but we may recover from you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information.
4.6 Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the
Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: http://www.acma.gov.au/spam.
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about other Hardcat products and services when you are online. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information, for instance via a social media platform, or because we have inferred this based on your browsing history, or other data related to your behaviour on Hardcat online services.
4.7 Protection of your personal information
Hardcat will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At the same time, we are committed to providing innovative and interactive experiences, and to being available to audiences on multiple platforms. Some of those platforms are not operated or controlled by Hardcat, and our ability to protect your personal information is limited.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party services (such as social media platforms). As far as reasonably practicable, we will make sure that our relationships with those third parties include appropriate protection of your privacy.
4.8 Notifications of changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 16 April 2014. In order to check updates to this policy, please visit
www.hardcat.com/privacy on a regular basis.