Hardcat maintenance module and mobility with MiCatX
Maintenance management and reducing the impact of breakdowns and downtime are the main objectives of maintenance. But the strategies adopted by maintenance managers to achieve this aim have undergone great changes in the past.
Maintenance is now considered more than just “repair the faulty equipment and put them back in order to minimise possible downtime”.
Preventative maintenance which is often overlooked (planning, scheduling, inspections, lubrication, alignment and storage) might be the tedious parts of the job, but when it comes to performing maintenance management, you cannot forget about the fundamentals.
Proactive maintenance as part of your maintenance plan can result in significant cost savings. It is different from the reactive and preventative culture in that proactive maintenance will look at why machines break down. It may identify poor quality lubricant as a failure cause, a technician not seating a piece of equipment correctly as another failure cause and so on.
Keep service crews mobile
Maintenance managers are responsible for the smooth and efficient working of the organisation’s assets and plant equipment, improving productivity and keeping equipment in their optimum operating conditions. Hence, asset maintenance is an important service function of any efficient organisation.
Managers must take a “big picture” view of the department and direct the long-term vision and comprehensive effort around building systems, equipment operations, and safe production standards. They keep the company’s goals at the forefront of their minds and are where the buck stops when it comes to health and safety requirements, applicable laws, and regulations.
The absence of maintenance management may lead to frequent equipment breakdowns, health and safety issues and failure of certain productive centres/services within the organisation.
Reducing equipment downtime to an absolute minimum
Performing regular maintenance is number one for keeping your equipment up and running. You should be able to add a maintenance schedule for each piece of equipment, giving you a full overview of the maintenance schedule. Reporting on “in the near future”, or in any given range of time, will assist you in planning equipment work and downtime. Constructing a maintenance management plan is the first step to turning around a reactive maintenance department.
Give field staff the right tools
Read more: Hardcat RFID technology
Maintenance software should hold information about issues, be able to assign the task to get it fixed and follow the progress online using a mobile device. Having a full overview of all issues, both new, issues in progress and resolved issues will provide clarity. And as the saying goes, “a picture is worth a thousand words” so taking images of issues and failures on your mobile device provides additional information for your technicians.
How does Hayman Island Resort use Hardcat for its preventative maintenance management and job log-in?Hayman Island case study
Maintenance and incident management on your device
- Create, view and edit work orders on smartphone and tablet with MiCatX in a ‘live’ connected stage to the Hardcat database
- Audit by location or by personnel/contractor ensuring targeted and specific audits
- Work performed is reflected back to the Hardcat database immediately with no manual upload/download of data
- Covers 75% of work order management activities that can be performed in the full Hardcat software solution
- Create work orders via your phone and capture an image when unscheduled or immediate repairs are identified
- Real-time job allocation and status updates mean jobs can be raised/updated in the office and will show up on the engineers’ phone in real-time
- Allocate work orders to an individual, groups or external maintenance management contractors
- The administrator has full visibility of real-time asset maintenance activities
- Maintenance management personnel and contractors can download MiCatX to access assigned work orders (it’s free)
- External contractors can see their work schedules at all times
- Update work order information in real-time
- Reduce paperwork and time-consuming follow-up activities
- Offline mode in a non-connected state, storing data locally on the device, allows MiCatX access in areas with limited or no internet/Wi-Fi
- Issue and/or return in MiCatX performs asset issuing to and from locations or people tasks from anywhere adding flexibility
Simple user interface increases audit/capture efficiency. The capture workflow feels natural and avoids repetitive data entry, reducing overall time to capture large volumes of assets.
Mobile work orders MiCatX and EAM Integration
Read more: MiCatX and EAM integration
Users of major EAM systems still cannot get maintenance work orders on their mobile devices. Not having mobile access to service data when you are “out in the field” is like leaving your toolbox at home!
Asset-intensive industries operate in highly competitive markets, and each time an asset fails it can be disruptive and costly. At the same time, organisations must adhere to stringent work health safety (WHS) and environmental regulations. Maintaining critical asset availability, reliability and profitability are essential to an organisation’s success.
Infrastructure and asset maintenance teams need to meet the organisation’s objectives of operating and maintaining a sustainable infrastructure. And enterprise asset management systems are critical to facilitating and optimising the long-term management of assets.
The need to accurately consider asset performance, service level, and future viability has never been more important in striving to reduce costs and obtain improved asset uptime and availability.
Assets | Asset Audit | Maintenance | Help Desk
MiCatX smartphone and tablet app is designed for use with Hardcat asset management software and is free to download for iOS via Apple App Store and via Google Play for Android devices.
Now you can deliver the right data at the right time and integrate to disseminate data to your entire enterprise. Adopting Hardcat technology saves organisations time and money while providing comprehensive visibility on asset utilisation.
The Hardcat MiCatX application allows you to keep track of all your assets and perform maintenance and help desk activities. Keep track of the following information on your mobile device:
- Where is the asset, who has it, what condition is it in
- Perform an ad-hoc asset audit
- Perform an issue or return of an asset
- Create new assets
- Create maintenance and help desk activities against an asset
- Assign the maintenance task to an engineer
- Capture photographs illustrating the level of damage